Thursday, February 7, 2013

[Interview] Yuchun: I resemble free-spirited Tae Yong in “Rooftop Prince”


Yuchun and Rooftop Prince are in Japanese woman’s magazine, Josei Jishin “女性自身” (meaning “Women Themselves”).
Translation of interview:
Improving as an actor with each work, Park Yuchun.
Due to his excellent acting in ‘Rooftop Prince’ as a man from 2 different eras, Park Yuchun received Best Actor Award at the 2012 Korean drama awards. For this work, which part did he put in a lot of effort?
“Acting as 2 different characters, to make each character look genuine, I worked at getting closer to the character. I think that I am similar to Tae Yong. He is free-spirited, not constrained by societal norms and has a broad vision. I myself, this is what I am always seeking. In forming my character, I referred to ‘Final Fantasy X’. It’s a game that I liked when I was living in America and the story has a slight similarity with this drama. The habit that Lee Gak has, of putting his hands behind his back, it was not an instruction from the director, but I thought “A prince would do this” and I did it. This is also a posture that I often have in my ordinary life. (laughs)
This drama has elements like comedy, love and mystery neatly depicted and is really wonderful. You will definitely not be bored!”
Translation of some of the bigger words in each picture:
(red)
Love you too much!! Too cute!
AH…. PRINCE YUCHUN
(blue speech bubble)
There are also exclusive shots!
viewimage-4
Top: “I myself, I resemble the free-spirited Tae Yong.”
Bottom(blue): Park Yuchun
viewimage
“The prince’s posture of putting his hands behind his back, my usual self often does that too.”
viewimage-2
(red) In a very difficult shoot, Yuchun’s smile explodes!
viewimage-1
(red)The drama’s biggest “cute factor” is Yuchun’s precious “hundred faces”.
Top speech bubble: I want to eat ramen.
Bottom speech bubble: I LOVE sweet stuff.
viewimage-3
(red)
Because of Egoistic Prince (T/N: or Selfish Prince)
infected with “Yuchun virus” one after another!
(blue speech bubble)
The most addictive character and the biggest sensation in history!
ji2
Source: gall.dcinside.com
Translation:melodysky@ParkYoochunSingaporeFanclub

No comments:

Post a Comment